Aircraft and Car Mesh for the study of External Aerodynamics

I have only limited provision on my laptop and so I am a publishing only the usefulness of building a snappyHexMesh for a complex geometry. Hopefully when I get access to HPCs or work stations on my first job, I would consider offering a tutorial on the same. Please check some of the what I could achieve through the openFoam mesh tool.


A380 mesh

Figure No.1: Top View

Figure No.2: Engine View

Figure No.3: Flow Domain

Figure No.4: Rear View

Figure No.5: Side view

 Figure No. 6: Frontal Area used for Drag Calculation

 Figure No.7: The Mesh outline

Figure No.8: Cell Extraction by Section


A Chevrolet Camaro mesh

I could not produce good simulation results as a result of reduced computational capability on my laptop. Regardless, here is the mesh and few results. I will share my insight into the snappyHexMesh in the next post.


Figure No.9: Front view
I had made use of the above front view to calculate the Projection area/frontal area in the paraview. The same value was utilized to calculate the force coefficients, largely the Coefficient of Drag.

 Figure No.10: Side View

 Figure No.11: Fluid domain

Figure No.12: Pressure plot 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

snappyHexMesh tutorial for a simple Geometry

snappyHexMesh Tutorial For a Complex Geometry and External Aerodynamics

How to refine a 2D cylinder blockMesh