Pitch & Plunge Simulation (altered openFoam Wing motion tutorial)

I pursued a brief Internship at the National University of Singapore, where a professor introduced me to the subject Aero-elasticity, and as a part of my work I studied Unsteady aerodynamics and the Flutter problem. During my internship time, I performed a very basic pitch & plunge aerofoil simulation, the likeness of which is very similar to that of the 'wing motion' tutorial case found in the openFoam. The idea was to study the separation regions and the force Coefficients.
                 
The above equation is represented in the dynamicMeshDict with constraints for pitch along y-axis and plunge about z-axis.

Figure 1: Evolution of Coefficient of oscillating Drag 



Figure 2: Evolution of Coefficient of oscillating Lift


                                      Figure 3: Separation Bubble 

  
Figure 4: Vortex shedding



Figure 5: Shed Vortex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

snappyHexMesh tutorial for a simple Geometry

snappyHexMesh Tutorial For a Complex Geometry and External Aerodynamics

How to refine a 2D cylinder blockMesh